Doctors in Atlanta advised this patient get an LRTI procedure as the solution for his thumb arthritis
The patient was not satisfied with this option which removes the trapezium and a bunch of tendons are weaved in. (picture in video)
Patient refused traditional LRTI Procedure in GA & found a solution for basal joint arthritis in FL from Alejandro Badia, M.D.
He decided to do more research and discovered he DID have other options.
The BioPro modular thumb implant was designed to replace the joint, not remove it, providing patients with pain relief and faster recovery.
Since there is no way to replace the cartilage, surgical treatments address the condition by removing the bone-on-bone contact. The most common surgical treatment and the treatment often presented to patients involves the complete removal of the trapezium bone at the base of the thumb. The BioPro Modular Thumb Implant instead replaces the joint with a two-piece implant, giving your surgeon 48 different implant combinations to choose from, helping ensure a personalized fit.
- Replaces joint, forming a new socket into the trapezium
- Maintains thumb length and cosmetic appearance
- Improves pinch and grip strength
- Fast recovery
- If pain persists, may be revised with a traditional surgery
- Removes the base (trapezium) and suspends the metacarpal with a tendon from the forearm
- Shortens the thumb, changing the overall appearance of the hand
- Initial decrease in pinch strength
- Long recovery
- If pain persists, revision surgery has been shown to lead to an even worse outcome
- Watch other Thumb Arthritis videos.
- Watch other BioPro implants videos.
- A Proven Thumb Joint Replacement
Leave a Reply