Surgery of the Hand and Upper Extremity
Dr. Alejandro Badia was educated at Cornell University and New York University (NYU], where he later trained in orthopedic surgery while chief resident at Bellevue Hospital in New York City. His hand surgery fellowship was in Pittsburgh and in Europe. He co-founded the Miami Anatomical Research Center [MARC], the world’s largest and technologically advanced surgical teaching center. In 2008 he opened Badia Hand to Shoulder Center, a fully integrated clinical facility for the upper limb. He is an active member of multiple hand surgery, orthopedic surgery, and arthroscopy societies in the United States as well as abroad. He is a past worldwide president of the International Society for Sport Traumatology of the Hand (ISSPORTH). and is an honored recipient of the Legacy Award, presented by the Doral Business Council.
He and his dedicated team of professionals look forward to serving your needs in an efficient but compassionate manner. Our mission is to provide our patients with the highest quality of orthopedic services at a reasonable cost.
Dr. Badia has particular interest in managing the following medical conditions:
• Carpal tunnel syndrome and nerve problems to the hand
• Arthritis from hand to shoulder
• Acute trauma and management of late complications due to trauma
• Inflammatory problems of the hand
• Work related injuries of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
• Sports related injuries of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder