Have you heard the phrase “reverse medical travel”? Alejandro Badia, M.D., FACS, Creator and Founder, Badia Hand to Shoulder Center (BHSC), uses this term to explain when people from other parts of of the continent come to the U.S. for medical treatment and procedures. Others in the industry refer to it as “inbound medical tourism.” Either way, it defines people who travel to the United States to seek the latest and best in medical treatment for themselves or for those they love. This medical care includes such treatments as: cosmetic surgery, dentistry, cardiovascular, orthopedics, cancer, reproductive health, weight loss, health screenings and second opinions. Please red this Medical Travel Today (MTT) Interview with Alejandro Badia, M.D., FACS, Creator and Founder, Badia Hand to Shoulder Center, where you can find answers to questions such as:
- Definition of “reverse medical travel”
- How did Dr. Badia got involved in the medical travel industry? Why is know as the Hand Doctor?
- Where are most of Badia Hand to Shoulder Center’s international patients traveling from?
- What common procedures do medical travelers seek at BHSC practice?
- Does Dr. Badia and his staff in Doral help international patients coordinate their trip to South Florida?
- What are BHSC rates comparable to prices overseas?