As published on Facility Safety Management: “Work-Injury Protocols Outdated; Fail to Include Orthopedists”
July 13, 2021
- Participating in company safety training programs and checking instructional safety manuals before proceeding with a task.
- Reporting or cleaning up spills on floors to prevent others from slipping and falling.
- Learning – and applying — proper lifting techniques.
- Keeping work areas clean.
- Practicing correct posture when sitting for long periods at a desk.
- Taking frequent “micro” work breaks whenever possible.
- Make sure that you are being referred to the right specialist for your work related injury to avoid further suffering and costs.
Most importantly, remain physically active. Exercise regularly to strengthen your body core and your muscles and joints,” Dr. Badia says.
To read the full article, click here.
Please call (305)227-4263 to request an appointment with Dr. Alejandro Badia.
Related news: Worker’s Compensation claims and specialty cares