- What is Orthopedics Upper Extremity?
- If I Am International Patient Can I Use Telemedicine?
- Is Telemedicine Safe?
- Why Should I Use Telemedicine?
- What’s Telemedicine?
- What’s the Cost for a Telemedicine e-visit?
- How do I request a Virtual Consultation with Dr. Alejandro Badia?
- Are hospitals turning to telemedicine during COVID-19?
- What if I need a procedure or surgery?
- Ouch, I just got hurt! How do I safely get treated amidst the COVID-19 outbreak?
- Is my orthopedic condition urgent?
- What precautionary measures have you taken to ensure the health and safety of your patients?
- What to do with my injury if hospitals are overwhelmed during COVID-19?
- What is the difference between arthroscopic and open surgery?
- I don’t have insurance. Can I still be seen as a patient?
- Will I get relief of pain immediately after an injection?
- What is PRP?
- Do you offer PRP (platelet rich plasma) or stem cell injections?
- What is the difference between an orthopedic surgeon and a hand surgeon?
- Do all surgeries require general anesthesia?
- What are your office hours?
- Do you have on on-site surgical facility?
- What hospitals are you affiliated with?
- What is the recovery time for most procedures?
- Can I have surgery on both hands at the same time?
- What causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), and can it be prevented?
- Will the injection of cortisone to alleviate inflammation cause weight gain?
- Can Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) resolve with therapy?
- Do you perform surgeries alone?
- Do you only treat hands?
- How long has Dr. Badia been in practice?
In this video Dr. Alejandro Badia explains what orthopedics is and also explains the bodyparts treated by an upper limb surgeon. To learn how Dr. Alejandro Badia can help you with your specific orthopedic needs, please call (305) 227-4263 or complete the quick form below. Read more [...]
A major benefit of Telemedicine is that you can do so while living abroad and visit your Specialist. Feel free to contact us at to schedule an appointment, or complete the online form below. Note : Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be completed. IMPORTANT: [...]
Telemedicine is a safe and an effective way to visit your Specialist avoiding crowded Hospitals during this pandemic. Feel free to contact us at to schedule an appointment, or complete the online form below. Note : Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be completed. IMPORTANT: [...]
The purpose of telemedicine is to improve the opportunity to get healthcare closer to home, in a convenient location, and more timely way. The benefit of telemedicine is less waiting and travel time, and time away from work or other priorities Feel free to contact us at to schedule [...]
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications and software to provide orthopedic services to patients without an in-person visit. While an in-person visit may be required at some point during the patient's journey, depending on the case, the telemedicine e-visit can serve [...]
For a fraction of the cost typically incurred in travelling expenses, you can request an appointment for a virtual initial consultation, 2nd opinion, and quick follow-up visits right from the convenience of your home or office. Please ask us for details by calling us at , or completing [...]
To coordinate a telemedicine e-visit appointment please complete the quick form below. One of our team members will contact you personally to address your request and coordinate an appointment date and time for the virtual visit. We provide this service to International Patients and Florida [...]
Yes, even some hospitals, crowded with coronavirus-infected individuals, have been increasingly turning to telemedicine and remote devices to perform physical examinations of patients who are at home. The intent is to relieve pressure on emergency rooms and outpatient clinics, while keeping [...]
Badia Hand to Shoulder Center agrees with, and is following the recommendations of, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). At this time, due to COVID-19 policies (read Important COVID-19 update), Dr. Badia will not be performing orthopedic procedures that are considered [...]
Getting hurt is never fun, but now with fears about the COVID-19 pandemic (read "Visitor Advisory"), many patients are left wondering how to safely seek treatment for their orthopedic injury or condition, without increasing their risk of contracting the virus. Badia Hand to Shoulder [...]