- What Are the Advantages of an Arthroscopic Excision Vs. Open Incision (Ganglionectomy)?
- What Are Some Myths And Truths About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: When Is Surgery Considered Or Needed?
- What Is Arthroscopy?
- What Is Orthopedics Upper Extremity?
- If I Am International Patient Can I Use Telemedicine?
- Is Telemedicine Safe?
- Why Should I Use Telemedicine?
- What’s Telemedicine?
- What’s The Cost For A Telemedicine E-visit?
- How Do I Request a Virtual Consultation With Dr. Alejandro Badia?
- Are Hospitals Turning To Telemedicine During COVID-19?
- What If I Need A Procedure Or Surgery?
- Ouch, I Just Got Hurt! How Do I Safely Get Treated Amidst The COVID-19 Outbreak?
- Is My Orthopedic Condition Urgent?
- What Precautionary Measures Have You Taken To Ensure The Health And Safety Of Your Patients?
- What To Do With My Injury If Hospitals Are Overwhelmed During COVID-19?
- What Is The Difference Between Arthroscopic And Open Surgery?
- I Don’t Have Insurance. Can I Still Be Seen As A Patient?
- Will I Get Relief Of Pain Immediately After An Injection?
- What Is PRP?
- Do You Offer PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Or Stem Cell Injections?
- What Is The Difference Between An Orthopedic Surgeon And A Hand Surgeon?
- Do All Surgeries Require General Anesthesia?
- What Are Your Office Hours?
- Do You Have On On-Site Surgical Facility?
- What Hospitals Are You Affiliated With?
- What Is The Recovery Time For Most Procedures?
- Can I Have Surgery On Both Hands At The Same Time?
- What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), And Can It Be Prevented?
- Will The Injection Of Cortisone To Alleviate Inflammation Cause Weight Gain?
- Can Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) Resolve With Therapy?
- Do You Perform Surgeries Alone?
- Do You Only Treat Hands?
- How Long Has Dr. Badia Been In Practice?
A Ganglion cyst starts when fluid leaks out of a joint or tendon sheath (tunnel) and forms a firm swelling beneath the skin. The cause of the leak is generally unknown, but can be treated via open incision, or arthroscopically as seen here. Advantages of arthroscopy compared to open [...]
One common myth is, "Any hand pain or tingling is a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome, especially if you use a computer all day." Watch this video below to learn more about myths and truths about CTS. What are some related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome myths? [...]
Although surgery sometimes makes the symptoms go away for good, it's not always necessary. Other treatments are usually preferred, especially if the condition is still in an early stage. A carpal tunnel release surgery is usually only needed for treating a very uncommon condition called [...]
"A lot of people ask us what arthroscopy is," so we figured we would do this video. Dr. Alejandro Badia explains this is a minimally invasive technique where a fiber optic instrument attached to a camera projects into a monitor that allows the orthopedic surgeon and his/her team to [...]
In this video Dr. Alejandro Badia explains what orthopedics is and also explains the bodyparts treated by an upper limb surgeon. To learn how Dr. Alejandro Badia can help you with your specific orthopedic needs, please call (305) 227-4263 or complete the quick form below. Read more [...]
A major benefit of Telemedicine is that you can do so while living abroad and visit your Specialist. Feel free to contact us at to schedule an appointment, or complete the online form below. Note : Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be completed. IMPORTANT: [...]
Telemedicine is a safe and an effective way to visit your Specialist avoiding crowded Hospitals during this pandemic. Feel free to contact us at to schedule an appointment, or complete the online form below. Note : Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be completed. IMPORTANT: [...]
The purpose of telemedicine is to improve the opportunity to get healthcare closer to home, in a convenient location, and more timely way. The benefit of telemedicine is less waiting and travel time, and time away from work or other priorities Feel free to contact us at to schedule [...]
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications and software to provide orthopedic services to patients without an in-person visit. While an in-person visit may be required at some point during the patient's journey, depending on the case, the telemedicine e-visit can serve [...]
For a fraction of the cost typically incurred in travelling expenses, you can request an appointment for a virtual initial consultation, 2nd opinion, and quick follow-up visits right from the convenience of your home or office. Please ask us for details by calling us at , or completing [...]