Bioinductive Implants for Shoulder Injuries
Rotator cuff tears are the most common source of shoulder pain and disability, affecting more than 4 million people a year in the U.S. Bioinductive Implants stimulate new rotator cuff tendon growth and disrupt disease progression. These implants are placed on the rotator cuff in a minimally invasive arthroscopic procedure, and are a great option for people suffering from rotator cuff tendon tears in the shoulder joint. Dr. Badia specializes in this breakthrough procedure to treat patients with rotator cuff injuries.
How does the Bioinductive Implant help the patient?
- It helps the tendons heal biologically through the induction of new tissue growth
- It allows patients to resume normal activities more quickly than traditional treatments
- It helps patients reduce the likelihood of further degeneration or re-tears
Who is a good candidate for this procedure?
This minimally invasive procedure is often performed on people suffering from rotator cuff tendon tears in the shoulder joint.
What are the benefits of the Bioinductive Implant?
Depending on the stage of rotator cuff disease, the Bioinductive Implant can provide a range of potential benefits for patients, including:
- Shorter rehabilitation, with decreased sling time.
- Faster recovery, with less physical therapy.
- Prevention or slowing of disease progression.
- Healing of partial-thickness tears.
- Decreased risk of developing a subsequent degenerative tear.
Learn how the Bioinductive Implant helped this patient with a shoulder injury
Please watch this video testimonial to learn about this BHS patient with a shoulder injury. Animated patch video courtesy of Smith & Nephew Regeneten.
How do I request an appointment with Dr. Badia?
To request an appointment with Dr. Badia, please call (305)227-4263 or complete our online appointment request form below.