The Lipogems procedure is an innovative adipose tissue technology that is designed to harvest, concentrate and transfer a patient’s very own adipose-derived stem cells in order to accelerate healing and regenerate damaged tissue. The fat is collected from your midsection or “love handle” area.
What is the Lipogems Procedure?
Lipogems is simple, minimally invasive procedure that can be performed in Badia Hand to Shoulder center in approximately an hour or can be added to your arthroscopic surgery, if you’re scheduled to have one and Dr. Badia considers it appropriate.
The system unlocks your own fat’s natural ability to support healing of injured or damaged tissues. Using pure simple saline, it rinses and cleans—screens out the contaminants such as oils and blood from the your own (or “harvested”) fat,” shared Dr. Badia while highlighting the treatment for injury repair.
Experience the Difference
- Supported by Strong Scientific Evidence (70+ Publications with up to 3 years of evidence)
- Over 35,000 Procedures Performed World
- Offered by Leading Orthopedic Physicians Around the World
Benefits of Lipogems
- Multiple Orthopedic Issues: Your own Microfragmented Fat (MFat) maybe injected into multiple areas at the same time
- No risk of rejection or infection since you are using your own tissue
- Low rate of minor complications (1-2%) and no major complications reported
- Minimal downtime after the procedure
- Minimal pain medication needed after the procedure
- One-time procedure for the majority of people
- Cheaper than the out of pocket cost of major orthopedic surgery
For more information regarding the Lipogems procedure, please call Badia Hand to Shoulder at (305)227-4263, or request an appointment through the form below.
Leave a Reply